Professional software development, amateur BMW tinkering, old arcade game stuff


Konami Aliens arcade pcb repair #2

20190218_081053 20190218_075726


Game had bad graphics on the intro and missing title screen.  Mask ROM test indicated rom J13 was bad – and it was.  A 27c400 eprom was used as a replacement (if I remember right that’s actually twice as big as is needed, but I didn’t have any others spare.  Instead I used the trick of writing the same data to upper and lower halves of the ROM so it was correct regardless of the state of the top address line).

20190218_183836 20190218_183848


Leave a Reply